The Dean of Students Office

Creating a Culture of Care

How You Can Help

If you know someone who might be in an abusive relationship, you can help.

  • Tell the person that you are worried
  • Be a good listener
  • Offer your friendship and support
  • Ask how you can help
  • Encourage your friend to seek help
  • Educate yourself about dating violence and healthy relationships
  • Avoid any confrontations with the abuser. This could be dangerous for you and your friend
  • Send the person or the information to one of these offices:
    • Dean of Students Office, Elliott University Center, 336-334-5514
    • Counseling and Testing Center, Gove Student Health Center, 336-334-5874
    • For Residential Students: Housing and Residence Life, Ragsdale/Mendenhall, 336-334-5636
    • For Academic Matters:Student Academic Services, Mossman Building, 336-334-5730
    • UNCG Police On-Campus Emergency:4-4444
    • Off-Campus Emergency: 911

Leave a Reply or trackback